Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I am already divorced and in my agreement I am suppose to payoff a student loan. My Xhusb

Customer Question

I am already divorced and in my agreement I am suppose to payoff a student loan.
My Xhusband has the loan in his name, he moved to Florida and tried to put the loan in bankruptcy he could not because it is a sallie mae so he got a deferment.
When the deferment was up I started to make the payments. Now he wants me to sign a confession of judgement. He is telling me if I don't sign he is putting a judgement against my house and I will have to pay all his attorney fee's plus interest
Help what should I do & will the judgement ruin my credit?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 3 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati 

I would not sign any judgment, as the divorce decree itself is a Court order and can be enforced, it is not needed in your case.

Also, it would be difficult if not impossible for him to place any lien on your home,