How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am already divorced and in my agreement I am suppose to payoff a student loan. My Xhusb

Customer Question

I am already divorced and in my agreement I am suppose to payoff a student loan.
My Xhusband has the loan in his name, he moved to Florida and tried to put the loan in bankruptcy he could not because it is a sallie mae so he got a deferment.
When the deferment was up I started to make the payments. Now he wants me to sign a confession of judgement. He is telling me if I don't sign he is putting a judgement against my house and I will have to pay all his attorney fee's plus interest
Help what should I do & will the judgement ruin my credit?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati 

Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.

I would not sign any judgment, as the divorce decree itself is a Court order and can be enforced, it is not needed in your case.

Also, it would be difficult if not impossible for him to place any lien on your home,

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions