Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Have $85,000.00 hospital bill, another $ 5,000.00 Ive been

Have $85,000.00 hospital bill, another $ 5,000.00 I've been paying $35.00 a month on. should I file bankruptcy. Retired $3,000.00 a month income.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Your Question - should I file bankruptcy

My Answer - Yes - it does appear that a chapter 7 bankruptcy would be helpful

Explanation - A Chapter 7 bankruptcy could discharge (erase) all of your unsecured debt such as hospital bills, credit cards, judgments and personal loans. It would be an opportunity for a fresh financial start.

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm 65 and don't owe any other bills . Own my home 'homestead'. 2 autos 10 years and older. nothing else of value,bankruptcy still the right choice

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked you if I own my home "homestead", and I don't own any thing else is that the best way to go!

I was not online when you responded.

Yes it does appear that a Chapter 7 would be the most advantageous. Mississippi law protects $75,000 in equity in a homestead