WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Hi, i have some credit bills in collection , collection are

Hi, i have some credit bills in collection , collection are asking me to pay or they will sue me soon, i live in virginia and looking for job, if i got a job offer in other state i will move, in this case if i move before sue where will they sue me, and if they sue my before i move, do i have right to move to other state and do i have to always show up in current state court if required.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

You would be allowed to move out of state regardless of the lawsuits,

WALLSTREETESQ :

in terms of collection companies, if you fail to appear, the worst that can happen is they obtain a judgment against you, which you would have to pay back,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you file a simple chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can wipe out all your credit card debts if you are qualified, and that may be a good option for you, if you have limited income at this point.

Customer:

Hi thanks for your responce, i heard after get the gudgment creditor want us to show up in court for declear the assast if we have some, in that case what i have to do if they send me court order for assast hearing

Customer:

i am sorry for my spells, i am talking abot asset hearing

WALLSTREETESQ :

in terms of an asset hearing, you would have to appear if forced to by the court,

WALLSTREETESQ :

you can send the Court a letter stating that you have moved out of state, and will not be able to come, and fill out the forms by mail,

WALLSTREETESQ :

In most cases it would not be an issue even if you do not appear, they can just obtain a judgment against you

Customer:

ok, so if i have been move before they sue, do they will sue me in new state or here in virginia.

WALLSTREETESQ :

it would be better to move before they sue,

WALLSTREETESQ :

they would have to sue you at your new state,

Customer:

ok , thank you so much for information.