WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Im filing a motion to reopen my bankruptcy case which was

I'm filing a motion to reopen my bankruptcy case which was dismissed due to required forms not getting filed with it. Should I go ahead and send all the required forms into the clerk's office with the motion to reopen the case?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

You need to file the motion with the Court clerk, and make sure you serve the trustee and Judge and all creditors as well,

WALLSTREETESQ :

Each jurisidiction has their own bankruptcy rules and you will need to make sure you followed the rules, especially in terms of serving all parties of the motions,

Customer:

Does each jurisdiction have their local rules posted somewhere?

WALLSTREETESQ :

They may have them at the court house website, but the court clerk, will help you file the motion,

WALLSTREETESQ :

You will need the motion, the filing fee, and a proposed order with an affidavit of service,

WALLSTREETESQ :

so if you have these go to the clerks office and have them review the motion,