Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

A debtor signed and dated his Chapter 7 voluntary petition,

A debtor signed and dated his Chapter 7 voluntary petition, schedules, and signature declaration page a month ago. There were some questions that came up which caused the month-long delay, but the debtor is now ready for the actual filing. Will the bankruptcy court accept the filing of a petition that was signed and dated a month before the actual filing?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

There's no timeline or deadline between signing and filing a bankruptcy petition. However, the effective date is the date of filing, so if the information changes between the time a person signed and filed the petition, that could be a problem.

Thus, the filing is permitted as long as the information is still accurate.