Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

ra-jad

Customer Question

My bankruptcy chapter 7 was discharged 7/14/11. I am considering selling my house in texas and wanted to know if any money that i make from the sale can be used by the courts to pay off my debtors. Also my mortgage was not reaffirmed, but i have continued paying at least the full amount of my monthly payments on time since then. Do I need to tell my real estate agent or the buyer about my bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 3 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

If your bankruptcy case is over, and the case is discharged and closed, then you are free to do so.

Terry L. :

You probably don't need to tell them

Terry L. :

for the closing, they'll contact the lender to get the payoff amount

Terry L. :

Do you have any questions?

Terry L. :

It seems as if you are away. I'll get a notice when you reply, and I can answer any other questions you may have.
Thanks

Terry L. :

Terry