Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

I needed to use $3100 dollars for personal reasons while in

I needed to use $3100 dollars for personal reasons while in chapter 11 and did not get authorization
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Attorney2020 :

Hello:

Customer:

hello

Attorney2020 :

Under a Chapter 11 business bankruptcy, you can take a reasonable salary and use it for personal expenses. Howev\er, you cannot skim off the top and use money that was intended for creditors for personal reasons such as vacations etc.. If the trustee catches wind of this activity may cause a inquiry into bankrupcty fraud.

Attorney2020 :

I hope this helps.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts

are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Information given is not legal advice. I am not your attorney. The information given is general only. I am not establishing or accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Customer:

Yes I am aware of this, and since i am doing MOR it will show up. I took it upon myself to visit some customers and quietly explain our current chapter 11 situation face to face.

Attorney2020 :

Then you should be fine. 3100 dollars is not an unreasonable amount to take as a salary/compensation. I would not think too hard about this issue.

Attorney2020 :

Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience: I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.