Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.

Kirk, No problem with the delay as your answer at least

Customer Question

No problem with the delay as your answer at least confirmed authoritatively what I had discovered. I do have another related question, however.

On the same document, the trustee's lawyer wrote ""Service on P.2(b)(1) creditors (including IRS) appears to be inadequate. See last page of plan."

The last page of the plan has names and addresses for the three secured creditors who may be paid through the plan at the trustee's discretion (I suppose).

Any idea what he means ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 3 years ago.

Attorney2020 :

It appears that the service for the three creditors on the last page was inadequate. You may not have served them properly with the appropriate papers being certified mail to their agent for service of process, hand delivery or whichever other means that you attempted to serve them with. Typically certified mail suffices. Confirm the names and addresses on the last page and make sure you served them correctly.

Attorney2020 :

I hope this helps.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts

are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Information given is not legal advice. I am not your attorney. The information given is general only. I am not establishing or accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Creditors were notified by the court when I filed pro se. I amended the creditors list later and notified the additional creditors myself via regular mail. I then hired an attorney who filed an amended plan, but it had at least two substantive errors in it so I fired him. I'm once again pro se.

That said, (1) Do all creditors (secured or not) have to be renotified of every amended document and/or plan whether or not it affects them ?; (2) Is the trustee's office required to explain ambiguous language such as this ?; and (3) What would be involved in my objecting to the IRS' claim to my nominal, otherwise exempt, personal property by their "right of setoff" ?. Months before I filed Ch 13, I was told through an attorney that they (the IRS) would not pursue collection actions for my 2001-2 tax liabilities unless my financial condition improved significantly and that the Tax Lien they filed in 2005 would expire normally in 9 of 13. Can they not be held to that???