cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

If someone does bankruptcy and doesnt declare one bank account,

If someone does bankruptcy and doesn't declare one bank account, is there a way the trustee or creditors can find out?

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy attorney here to assist you.

cfortunato :

The Bankruptcy trustee will not find out about undisclosed bank accounts unless someone notifies the trustee that there is a bank account that was not disclosed in the Bankruptcy.

cfortunato :

Although creditors can call various banks to find out if the debtor has an account with them, this is something that is not done.

cfortunato :

In summary, it is possible, but unlikely that the Bankruptcy trustee or creditors can find out about bank accounts that were not disclosed in the Bankruptcy papers.

cfortunato :

Is this what you wanted to know?

Customer:

someone told me creditors can find out not only by calling, but somehow online, through access to some kind of database or chat with database managers. Have you heard of such thing?

cfortunato :

No - there is no database available to find bank accounts.

cfortunato :

To find a bank account, a creditor must contact banks individually (one by one).

cfortunato :

If there were such a database, judgment creditors would not have to issue subpoenas to debtors to find out if and where their bank accounts are.