FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

An HOA member doesnt pay HOA monthly payments due to bankruptcy

An HOA member doesn't pay HOA monthly payments due to bankruptcy Chapter 13 filed on 12/28/2010. How long stays the status of "bankruptcy" and what can be undertaken from HOA to recover the losses?
HOA has filed lien on the unit in bankruptcy.
Thanks in advance
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

In a chapter 13 bankruptcy, an HOA member is typically required to continue to make postpetition HOA payments. If the HOA is not receiving the postpetition HOA payments, the HOA may move for relief from automatic stay to recover money owed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not replied to my question!

I apologize that I did not understand your question. Please clarify your question and I will be would be glad to respond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HOA needs information -

how long that unit will be in bankruptcy status- /how to get that information/.

What HOA can do to get the delinquent payments from that homeonwner?

how long that unit will be in bankruptcy status
A homeowner may remain in a chapter 13 bankruptcy for 5 years.

how to get that information
You can call the local bankruptcy court or the trustee's office to determine the remaining length of the particular chapter 13

The HOA may move for relief from automatic stay to recover money owed. This can take the property out of bankruptcy

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience: Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.