Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

On Jan 3rd(Thursday) there is a Trustee meeting. The attorney

On Jan 3rd(Thursday) there is a Trustee meeting. The attorney stated to bring 2011 returns for the Federal Gov. Do you also have to have the State? The attorney, whom I can't reach right now says it is only the previous years federal return to establish income.
Additionally, we don't have any assets as we lost everything. The only car we have is 12 years old.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Question: On Jan 3rd(Thursday) there is a Trustee meeting. The attorney stated to bring 2011 returns for the Federal Gov. Do you also have to have the State? The attorney, whom I can't reach right now says it is only the previous years federal return to establish income.

Response: You only need to provide to the Trustee a copy of your most recent federal tax return. So, this should be your federal tax return for 2011 as the 2012 tax return would not be due until April 2013. This copy of tax return should have been sent to the Trustee 7 days before the Section 341 Meeting. However, the trustee would still accept a copy at the Section 341 Meeting. See 11 U.S.C. Section 521 subsection (e):

http://doney.net/bkcode/11usc0521.htm