dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I got discharged from Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Does it make a

I got discharged from Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Does it make a difference if the house goes in foreclosure or short sale since my credit score is bad anyway?

Will it make a difference if i decide to buy a house in the near future?
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Thanks for your question. Note whether your house goes into foreclosure or short sale will NOT increase or decrease your credit score as you have already filed a bankruptcy. Likewise, it makes no difference in your abiltiy to buy a home in the future. But do note than from my clients' experiences, I can tell you that you will probaby have to wait a minimum of three years before you will qualify again to buy a home. i wish you well.