WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

If a debtor filled a chapter 13 one year ago and it was dismissed

If a debtor filled a chapter 13 one year ago and it was dismissed as she never made any of the plan payments can you file another chapter 13 now? If not how long does she have to wait?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

This is a common questions, if the chapter 13 was dismissed, and the Court did not state dismissed with prejudice, you can refile a new chapter 13 without any problems,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If the case was dismissed with prejudice, typically their is a 6 month waiting time to refile.