Fritz
Fritz, Attorney
Experience:  Florida attorney with extensive experience in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy cases
66229536

IS there anyway of removing a bankruptcy from your credit report

Customer Question

IS there anyway of removing a bankruptcy from your credit report if it was filed and dismissed shortly after?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fritz replied 3 years ago.

Fritz :

Hi, I'd like to assist you with your bankruptcy questions this morning.

cfortunato :

Unfortunately, even if one's Bankruptcy is dismissed without being discharged, and regardless of the reason the Bankruptcy was dismissed, it is not possible, a Bankruptcy remains on one's credit report for 10 yue

Expert:  Fritz replied 3 years ago.

I apologize for the earlier confusion; it appears two experts were trying to answer your question simultaneously, so I don't know whether you can view the answer above.

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is no, the bankruptcy filing will be listed on your credit report for up to 10 years. On the plus side, the mere fact that you filed will have little to no impact on your actual credit score after 2-3 years of rebuilding your credit.