Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I am a subcontractor if the general contractor that we are

I am a subcontractor if the general contractor that we are contracted with on a project goes bankrupt. Can we go to the owner of the development for the money owed?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Yes. The automatic stay of the bankruptcy court prevents you from taking action against the general contractor but does not prevent you from taking action against the property owner
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So does that have a high success rate?

That is an entirely different question which depends upon many factors. For example, if there is equity in the property and you have perfected your lien rights, you would have a high degree of success