cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

If a lawyer and or company lie in bankruptcy during a meeting of creditors claming that t

If a lawyer and or company lie in bankruptcy during a meeting of creditors claming that they are due more money and later found that they were lying is that hot fraud

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Consumer Protection attorney here to assist you.

cfortunato :

Creditors Meetings are conducted under oath.

cfortunato :

Knowingly lying during a Creditors Meeting would be considered to be perjury, not fraud.

cfortunato :

Is this what you wanted to know?

Customer:

If it can be proven that they new they were making bad claims can we sue yes or no I am looking for councel that has some back bone and willing bto nput on a good fight....

cfortunato :

What was the lie or lies?

cfortunato :

Are you a creditor?

Customer:

A mortgage company a very lkarge one after my bhouse was refinanced in 2008 came back and claimed that bit was noit paid off an the new lien holder and I could prove it via wire transfers bank to bankfor 4'5 years these people houndsed me threating to forclose so I entered bankruptcy to put them at bay.. while in chap 13 they came to court twice claiming they were due 4500 and then 3700 =more. With me and Bank A. had hard proof that the house was clearly refinanced we also had the titile company.. now after 4 year they have come clean and state they missed placxe the wire tranfer which was over 200K..

Customer:

Long answere to a short question....

cfortunato :

If the mortgage company lied at the Creditors Meeting, you can sue the mortgage company for any damage that you sustained because of their lies - including the lies that were told before or after the Creditors Meeting.

cfortunato :

If there is enouge monetary damage involved, you should be able to find an attorney to handle this case on a contingency basis - so that there will be no upfront costs for you.

cfortunato :

You should call the Georgia Bar Association to ask for a recommendation for a "litigation" attorney.

cfortunato :

The number is:

cfortunato : (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer:

I forgot to tell you the funny thing they did at Thankgiving they sent a demmand notice ckaming that I owed them anther 35K and they wouold take the house

cfortunato :

That doesn't sound too funny. Hopefully the attorney you get from the Bar Association will prevent them from doing this again.