Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I had a bankruptcy back in 2005. I recently found there had

I had a bankruptcy back in 2005. I recently found there had been fraud and forgery done in my case. Can I file a motion to reopen the original bankruptcy case or can I file a motion to have it reopened.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

There is no limit on filing a motion to re-open your bankruptcy under Section 350(b) of the bankruptcy code. Here's a link to the code section: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/11/350
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Does it matter that I have move to a new state. The original case was in California and I now live in Oklahoma. If I start the process in Oklahoma will it be removed to California

If you want to re-open the current case, you'd probably have to re-open it in the California court and then file a motion to transfer it to Oklahoma.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. Thanks...

Sure - no problem.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please remember to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for my time. Thanks.