Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

My debts have been discharged via Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but

My debts have been discharged via Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but my wife did not file with me. We have a joint debt on raw land. Can the bank record a lien on our house for a deficiency after they foreclose and sell the land? We have title to the house as tenants by the entireties.

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

No – since the debt is now entirely the debt of your wife the tenancy by the entireties property is protected.

Tenancy by the entireties property may only be attached by a joint creditor. Since your debts have been discharged in the chapter 7, you are no longer a joint debtor

Thank you very much for the "excellent service" rating and the bonus!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"

Thank you for your business.

The site will be sending you a survey. The results of the survey are essential to my employment.

Question #3 of the survey will ask you: "How likely is it that you would recommend your Expert to a friend?"

I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer "10". If for any reason you cannot answer "10" in response to question number 3, please tell me how I may further assist you.

As always, I am here to address follow-up questions at no additional charge.