kicklaw40, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a bankruptcy attorney since 1998 and have handled hundreds of bankruptcy cases successfully.

If HOA creditors claim is disallowed for debt accruing against

If HOA creditor's claim is disallowed for debt accruing against an HOA assessment lien (secured by the real property which is the debtor's principle residence), can it still go after the property IN REM after the bankruptcy is discharged?

kicklaw40 : No. As long as your case competes and a discharge is entered, the ruling on claims in bankuptcy court will be the final determination of that creditor's rights, even post-bankruptcy. To use a common example these days, we can often have a second mortgage "Stripped" or avoided. This means that, once the bankruptcy case completes, the debt is eliminated and the lien is gone from the real estate.
kicklaw40 : If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appeciate your rating my answer positively so that I know you are satisfied. Thank you!
kicklaw40 : Erin