cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

On Schedule J of debtors Chapter 13 petition, his disposable

On Schedule J of debtor's Chapter 13 petition, his disposable income comes out to $1,049. However on Form 22C, after all the allowed expense deductions, the debtor's disposable income shows as $450.00. The debtor would obviously prefer the use the disposable income that shows up on Form 22C. In this situation, which disposable income can the debtor use to determine the Chapter 13 plan payments - the one from Form 22C or Schedule J? (the debtor lives in Minnesota)
Hi JACustomer,The Chapter 13 monthly payments are always based on Form 22C, not on Schedule J.(Schedule J is based on actual expenses, and Form J 22C is based on allowable expenses.)I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.Thank you.