Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Hi Terry I have a follow-up question When I go to the Confirmation

Hi Terry I have a follow-up question
When I go to the Confirmation Hearing my objection will be brought up right? Since I am objecting that the debtor has more income and assest the his plan states will the amount for repayment be increased?

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

The amount of the payment is based on the means test. If the plan is 100% thats the best it can be, You can request interest to be paid to the unsecureds though. which will be prime rate if the court allows it

Terry L. :

As long as you have a proof of claim filed, your objection will be resolved with a 100% plan. Plans are not required to pay off shorter, as long as the plan is paying 100%. it's ok to go 60 months, even with the issues you are raising.

If he plan accurately reflected his income and assets he could pay out his secured claims faster. My claim is unsecured. Will all the secured claims have to be pay completly out before my claim starts to get paid?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I request interest to be paid to thee unsecured per your suggestion?
You can do that at the hearing, or better, ask that the trustee request it too.