Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I"m declaring chapter 13 in early January 2013 - I know Im

Customer Question

I"m declaring chapter 13 in early January 2013 - I know I'm going to owe taxes for 2012 for collecting from a private disability insurance company (date 1-1-12 to 6-1-12) and for collecting Social Security Disability (date 7-1-12 to 12-31-12.) Question: Can I "insert" my tax liability for 2012 even though I declare bankruptcy in early January 2013 and taxes are due April 15 2013 ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Yes – a chapter 13 plan can include unpaid tax liability for 2012 in a chapter 13 plan filed in January 2013.

A chapter 13 plan may include payment of all debts owed. On December 31, the tax liability for 2012 has accrued. This is true even though the tax may not be payable until April 2013.