cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

HOW LONG AFTER FILING BANKRUPTCY CAN I GO BACK AND FILE A DETERMINATION

HOW LONG AFTER FILING BANKRUPTCY CAN I GO BACK AND FILE A DETERMINATION FOR DISCHARGEABILITY OF MY STUDENT LOANS SINCE MY CAREER IS OVER AND I WILL EVENTUALLY BEING APPLYING FOR DISABILITY. CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHETHER THERE IS A TIME LIMIT TO FILE A DETERMINATION OF DISCHARGEABILITY OR NOT.

cfortunato : Hi JACustomer,
cfortunato :

There is no time limit to filing a Determination of Dischargeability motion in the Bankruptcy court.

cfortunato :

If your case has already been discharged and closed, there is also no time limit to re-opening your case so that you can file that motion.

Customer:

i'm trying to give you a positive rating but it won't let me because its saying you aren't finished answering the question. is there a button your suppose to push so i can rate your with excellent service

cfortunato :

Thank you!

cfortunato :

You should be able to provide a rating now.