Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

California BK- Is there such a thing as an emergency chapter

California BK- Is there such a thing as an emergency chapter 13 and if so which documents need to be filed. My friend has a foreclosure sale set for tomorrow morning

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney.

There's not an emergency filing, but you can get a chapter 13 filed tomorrow to stop the foreclosure, but you'll need to get this done asap!

Also, you'll need to provide the foreclosing attorney notice of your filing before the foreclosure sale occurs.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately the sale is at 9am tomorrow. He was looking to fill out the minimum required pro se since there is no time to find an attorney. Do you know which forms he woud need to get this done at 8am and then he can find an attorney to amend it

Here's a link that outlines the minimal requirements to get a chapter 13 petition filed:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for the link. How can I find out if Los Angeles will accept an emergency package or if all schedules need to be included? I just heard that Los Angeles may not accept anything less than a full package.

You should be able to file as outlined in the link.

However, the court clerk would have to answer any questions about what it will accept for filing.