Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

my momther was the primary borrower and i the co-debtor on

my momther was the primary borrower and i the co-debtor on the vehicle i drive and have paid for. she filed chapter 13 bankruptcy, i was not notified of any motions filed by a creditor that is now coming after me. when i called the hammond bankruptcy court my social security number was not involved in any cases. if a creditor is coming after you shouldn't you be sent motions they've applied for?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney.

You would not have to be involved in any proceedings involving your mother's chapter 13 bankruptcy -- which would likely be a motion to lift the automatic stay in order to proceed with recovering the vehicle.

However, you will have to be sued and served with process (summons) and be given a chance to respond to the court petition if the creditor wants to sue for the deficiency.

But, you don't have any right to be noticed in your mother's bankruptcy since you're not a party to the bankruptcy as a debtor or a creditor.