cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

If I were to file for Chapter 7 to discharge credit card debt,

If I were to file for Chapter 7 to discharge credit card debt, how long must I wait to file for Chapter 13 to protect my home from foreclosure?

cortrightlaw : You could do it immediately after you receive your discharge. But this is usually not the best course of action usually it would be best to do the 13 and not to do the 7 at all.

You indicate the Chapter 13 could be filed after discharge of the Chapter 7. I am assuming by "discharge" you are referring to the completion of the Chapter 7? If so, how long on the average does it take to complete a Chapter 7?

cortrightlaw :

Yes after completion of the chapter 7, which usually takes about 6 months from beginning to discharge.