cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

If my sales date is nov the 6 is my sale date. Is it to late

If my sales date is nov the 6 is my sale date. Is it to late for me to file bankruptcy?

cortrightlaw : You still have time as long as you file before the sale date the sale can be stopped.
Customer:

so i need to monday

Customer:

so i need to file monday

cortrightlaw : Yes, so you would want to prepare the petition this weekend an be at the court first thing Monday morning. Nolo press.com has a great book to walk you through the process. A chapter 7 will only temporarily delay the sale maybe 3-6 months. If you are trying to keep the home a chapter 13 will be necessary to cure your past due default over a 5 year period.
Customer:

can i file this with u

cortrightlaw : No I am a California attorney you need to file with one in your state or file it yourself, that's why I recommended nolo press bankruptcy book, you might be able to buy am online copy or go o a local bookstore and pickup a copy in their legal department.
Customer:

the ch13 if i want to keep the house ch7 if i want to delay. if i do 13 when will i start paying my house note

Customer:

are u still there

Customer:

if i do 13 when will i start paying my house note

cortrightlaw : If you do a chapter 13 you have to start paying your mortgage the month after you file so if you file in November you would have to start paying in December. The the past due would be spread out over 60 months
Customer:

ok thank u . u where very helpful.