dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

In my divorce settlement agreement, my ex-wife agreed to be

In my divorce settlement agreement, my ex-wife agreed to be responsible for half our second mortgage, to live in the home while we tried to sell and split profits. I helped with mortgage payments.

She abandoned it and filed Chapter 13, including the house in it. She signed a grant deed to me. I took over the house to protect my credit.

She is still demanding half profits upon sale even though she surrendered her interest in it in bk court and taking tax deductions for interest I pay!?
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Your wife has violated the terms of the divorce settlement and is not entitled to the profits. But you need to go back into your divorce court proceeding so that the divorce court can make an order. Note, this is not a bankrutpcy matter.

Please rate my answer ok or better. Otherwise, the site keeps your deposit and I am not paid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What can she do if I don't take those steps? What kind of order?

If you do not take action, she will put a lien in escrow claiming a portion of the profits. Likewise you need a new divorce order that spells out that you get he house profits. Otherwise escrow will split everything and you lose.