Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

My son purchased fitness equipment from a bank because owner

Customer Question

My son purchased fitness equipment from a bank because owner claimed bankruptcy. A bidding process was completed and he paid in cash. He contacted owner of building to
set up time to start removing equipment. Equipment is still at location that closed down. Owner says he can't have equipment because he has a lien on it. Didn't know the equipment
repossessed by bank....How does my son get his equipment... Thanks,
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 4 years ago.

Attorney2020 :

Hello:

Your son may have to file a claim with the court such as a writ of execution with the sherrif in order to recover the assets held at the business location.

If your son has presented the documetation that the bank has provided to him relating to the fitness equipment and the owner refuses to give it up, a filing in court (writ of execution) to recover assets might be appropriate.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Information given is not legal advice. I am not your attorney. The information given is general only. I am not establishing or accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.