dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I am going to file for a divorce and have a question regarding

I am going to file for a divorce and have a question regarding the home that both my husband, daughter and I share. I am on the home equity line of credit but not on the mortgage. My husband filed for bankruptcy and did not reafirm the 1st. Can I continue to pay on the second without my credit going bad if he stops paying the mortgage?
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

You can continue to pay on the equity line of credit. However, if no one pays on the first, the first will foreclose. And unless you have a lot of equity in the property, all the first cares about is getting paid. Likewise, the second will most likely not pay off the first resulting in the house being foreclosed. So your best advice is to keep the first and the second current if you want to save your home.