cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

how to write a response to a credit card debt lawsuit

cortrightlaw : Search for a sample "answer to complaint" that is what you need to file in response to the complaint. If younreallymowe the money it will most likely just delay the final judgment.
cortrightlaw : You can also search for general denial because that is the form of answer you will be filing.
Customer:

I do owe the money (3300), but i have no way to pay it back . I spoke to the creditor's lawyer back in march and propose monthly payments (30), he said he would present it to his client and get back to me. I left my home number and specifically said that I was hardly ever home, but they could leave a message and I would call back. They didn't call (if they called, they didn't leave a message) nor did they write.

cortrightlaw : Unfortunately they do not have to work with you if they do not want to. If you have any other debt you could consider cankruptcy as a way to eliminate all the debt.
Customer:

Do you have any links where I got find templates to responses that you mentioned above?

Customer:

I meant to say "where I could find".

cortrightlaw : I will look
cortrightlaw : http://www.karlinlaw.com/blog/2012/06/sample-general-denial-answer-filed-in-california-buisness-or-real-estate-lawsuit-with-affirmative-de.shtml
Customer:
Customer:

What is the statute of limitations in Texas

Customer:

3:42 PM

cortrightlaw : Did they sue you in California or Texas?
Customer:

Texas, but the link you sent is from California

cortrightlaw : You just want to pull the text from the heart of the denial it is the same in each state. I looked and could no find a specific one for Texas. You can also go on your courts website and look under for a for an answer or general denial to see if they have a form one that can just be filled out.