WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

can A judgement be put back on your court record after

Customer Question

can A judgement be put back on your court record after filing Bankruptcy chapter 7
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If the judgment was listed and discharged in your bankruptcy then they should not be in your credit report, and if they do appear it should state that they were discharged in bankruptcy.

WALLSTREETESQ :

What you should do is contact the creditor bureaus, and advise them of the bankruptcy filing and that the judgments should be removed, if they do not remove them then contact the creditors, to make sure they know that the judgments were discharged and should not be reported, if not you can sue them under the fair debt reporting laws.

I am a bankruptcy attorney with over 13 years experience, you have provided me with a negative rating, I answered your question that you asked and it is correct, if you have a follow up please ask.