Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I have a question about Chapter 13 confirmation hearings. If

I have a question about Chapter 13 confirmation hearings.
If the chapter 13 trustee and all secured creditors have accepted the Chapter 13 plan and withdrawn all objections can the Chapter 13 confirmation hearing be canceled since all parties are in agreement? Does the chapter 13 trustee file a motion to approve the plan and cancel the hearing in such a case?

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

Regardless if all the creditors agree and regardless if the trustee agrees the Court which will have a Judge has to approve the confirmation plan, clearly it would be an easy confirmation if their are no creditors and the trustee agrees, but in most bankruptcy Court chapter 13 cases a confirmation hearing is required in front of the Judge.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are there times in any districts where its automatic and a hearing isn't required?

In some Courts the trustee will advise you that you will not have to appear but it is rare, you can ask the trustee if an appearance is required however in most cases you should appear at the confirmation date which should have been given to you should be when you filed.