WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

when in a chapter 13 case and plan payments are caught up,

when in a chapter 13 case and plan payments are caught up, can you get a student loan? What do you have to do with the Trustee and the court to get a student loan?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

When you are in a chapter 13 you can obtain a student loan, however it would be best to send a letter to the trustee asking permission to apply for and obtain a student loan, as the trustee has to approve any new credit you apply for during the chapter 13.

WALLSTREETESQ :

When you apply for a student loan be aware that the creditor may ask for a co signor or a letter from the trustee granting you permission.