dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

I am a creditor who got wiped out by some $3million in legal

Customer Question

I am a creditor who got wiped out by some $3million in legal fees whci efecrtively wiped out all creditor's claims. Do I have a right to ask for an accounting for legal fees from the Court?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

the short answer is YES you can. Please note that attorney fees must be requested and approved. Likewise, the attorney MUST provide an itemization to the penny of his time performed. And creditors can object. In your case it sounds like the fee has already been approved and if so, your time to object has passed. but you can certainly either pull the court file or request an itemization from the attorney for his time and accounting.