Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

When filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy,what things can and cannot

When filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy,what things can and cannot apply for after the discharge date?Can i apply for cell phone service,cable,leasing a new apartment,etc.?

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

After a chapter 7 discharge, you are not prohibited from applying for anything, however, being approved for these items may be difficult as your credit would be bad, the Court does not in any way prohibit you from obtaining any of the above.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If my credit is already around 550,will it drop after the bankruptcy or will it rise since everything will be cleared off with a chapter 7?

If it is 550 now after filing it would go down, but come up faster since all your debt would be gone, so within one year it could be in the mid 600's