Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Just spoke with my CPA. He also thinks that Trustee may make

Just spoke with my CPA. He also thinks that Trustee may make me close the corporation. AS per its last tax return, its assets are: computer(2008 laptop worth 100-200$)Ipod (worth 100-150 $) and appprox. $ 100 worth of exercise equipment. These along with my car are listed on my tax schedule K "Shareholders Pro Rata Share Items as Buildings and other depreciable assets and listed one by one in Future Depreciation Report. CPA told me, since I am the only shareholder, IRS allows to pass car through a Corporation. I hope all of it makes sense to you. Now come my questions. If Trustee seizes, closes my Corporation ( to which I have resigned myself), will it take a car ( value 13.5 K, owed 14.950)? I spoke with my corporation's business, who give it work, and they have no problem signing me up under SS, W-2 as subcontractor. But I need a car for my work! I drive to see my patients.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Hi!

The trustee would typically not take the car.

The trustee will only concern himself with assets that have a value for the benefit of creditors. Since the car is in a negative equity position - the loan is greater than the value – the car has no benefit to creditors