dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy in Iowa on June 14th, 2010.

I filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy in Iowa on June 14th, 2010. On June 16th, someone bought a tax deed from the county for our past due sewer bill and property tax. Should the county have sold it due to the filing of the chapter 13. They now are trying to evict us after filing a quit to claim. We are now out of bankruptcy due to non-payment because of job loss.
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

If you bankruptcy was filed on 6/14, that stayed or froze all actions against you. Therefore the county was in viloation of the bankrtupcy to allow the sale on the 16th and the sale is void. And even if you are now out of BK, the sale is still void. However, it is correct that you need legal assistance to reverse the sale as it is a complicated process to handle on your own.