Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I want to discontinue Bankrupsty filing (not filed yet) and

I want to discontinue Bankrupsty filing (not filed yet) and I want to fire my Bankruptsy attorney for delays (over 6 mos) no real action, lack of communication. I have since settled all debts inquestion without legal assistance.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You should put the refund request in writing and mail it certified mail, return receipt requested.

Terry L. :

Any refund may be controlled by a contract you may have with the attorney, so review any contract terms and comply with them as needed for the refund.

Terry L. :

Most attorneys calculate refunds based on work done on the case, regardless of filing, time =money. Refunds of unearned attorneys fees can be requested. Any unused filing fees must be returned as well.

Terry L. :

If you don't get your refund timely, call the attorney and tell them you will contact the disciplinary commission if they do not get it to you timely. If you still don't get it, go ahead and contact the attorney disciplinary agency in your state.

Thanks and good luck

Customer:

Thanks so much. I find this very useful and it provides me with some some confidence and a reasonable expectation in advance. I amd glad you have instructed me to put it in writing because I was concerned that they my try to do something even after I told them no.

Terry L. :

Good luck. thanks!

Customer:

I thought I rated Excellent not sure why it is not posting.