cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to filling a motion

Customer Question

What are the advantages and disadvantages to filling a motion to dismiss if you are the plaintiff involved in a lawsuit for money owed?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : I would need a little more details to provide you with an answer, are you the plaintiff or defendant? And why is this even being considered.
Customer :

as i said earlier, I am the plaintiff

cortrightlaw : I need some more information to be able to answer your question, are you the plaintiff, and why are you even considering dismissal
Customer :

I am the defendant, and there is not enough evidence, or any for that matter, to back up or prove to plaintiffs case

cortrightlaw : Then what makes you think they are willing to dismiss there case? And can you plead clarify your specific question.
cortrightlaw : Usually a plaintiff only dismisses if an agreement has been made between the parties.