cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

I have completed the first year of a five year plan in a cramdown

I have completed the first year of a five year plan in a cramdown bankruptcy. My autistic/Tourette's disabled son just had brain surgery at UCLA and I have to care for him completely for the next 6 months, making my income decline.
Can I have my payments reduced for 6 months and make them up on the remaining years?

cortrightlaw : Yes you can make such a request that will have to be agreed to by the trustee and approved by the judge, what you want to do is file a motion to skip or lower payments for the period in question. And in that same motion you address how you are going to make up the difference over the remaing months of the plan.
I just saw the notification that you could not see my response, please check now to see if the problem has resolved and that you can see my response. Then if you need further clarification post it and I will respond. Thanks and sorry for any confusion or delay.