cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

do you have to pay back income taxes? Is my trust safe from bankrupcy ?

Customer Question

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : On the taxes it depends on how old they are and if they were filed on time, currently we are writing off tax debt from 2008 and earlier. As to the trust if it is a revocable trust then it could be at risk.
JACUSTOMER-iwgddnjf- :

taxes go back to 05 to date . The are still being figured , some wxtensions were filed but sure they are expired. Yes the trust is revocable. These corps and trust was form in NV . Something was mentioned about a No charge Order. I was told the trust could not be touched. I have not put any thing in there yet, but only have things like pet horses. maybe our home ,

cortrightlaw : If the trust is revocable it I just as if you own it and any assets unit would need to be protected with bankruptcy exemptions.