Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

two kids (14,12), paying and current on child support. also

two kids (14,12), paying and current on child support. also paying half of medical, after school expenses, ie: sports. kids with me 40% of total time. each has room in my home. mother claims booth as dependants for taxes(sic). for means test; am i household of one, two or three?

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

The bankruptcy code is not clear in this instance. There is actually no definition regarding what makes up the household. Since each child has a room in your house, you pay child support and the children reside with you 40% of the time, it is likely that you would be considered to be a household of 3

I am taking a 15 min. break. I will address additional questions when I return