HCLegal
HCLegal, Attorney
Experience:  I have filed over a thousand bankruptcy cases.
64148031

I wanted to know if I am working for a company that is in

I wanted to know if I am working for a company that is in the process of filing chapter 13 bankruptcy in florida do I have to "take a job" with the new LLC or can I file for unemployment while I am looking for a new job?

HCLegal : Hello and thank you for your question.
HCLegal : If you quit your job then you would not be eligible for unemployment benefits. It does not matter if the company you are working for has, is about or is currently in a bankruptcy.
HCLegal : You would only be eligible for unemployment benefits if you were terminated from your position.
HCLegal : I think this is what you wanted to know, if not please let me know and I will do my best to explain or clarify my answer.
HCLegal : Alos, please take a moment to rate my service to you today. My goal is 5 stars or smiley faces!