socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

Hello, Arizona statues exempt retirement plans from bankruptcy

Hello, Arizona statues exempt retirement plans from bankruptcy under sections 401(a), 403(a) & (b), 408A , 409 and 457. I have an IRA listed as a Rollover Individual Retirement Account. Will that be excempt from Bankruptcy?
Under In re Herrscher, 121 B.R. 29 (D. Ariz. 1990), all IRAs are exempt in bankruptcy court.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. I hope my answer is useful and informative to you. During our conversation, the website may ask you to rate my answer. If you rate my answer lower than the middle rating, then the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing. It is entirely your choice as to how you rate my answer. However, because your payment to me is in the nature of a donation/gift, rather than as compensation for any services rendered, you are entitled to know how your rating affects the final distribution of your donation.

If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you socrateaser! Yes, that was helpful!