Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

if you file bankruptcy and it not final can u trade in a vehicle

if you file bankruptcy and it not final can u trade in a vehicle for a new one?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an attorney here to provide you with legal information.

If at any time the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button. When we are done, please take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my work. My goal is EXCELLENT and I hope your rating reflects that.

A debtor in bankruptcy may not incur new debt nor transfer ownership of any property without bankruptcy court permission. Therefore, since your bankruptcy has not yet closed, you may not trade in a vehicle for a new one unless you first petition the bankruptcy court and obtain court consent

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or whether you would like further information