dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

ra im

Customer Question

I file bankruptcy over two years ago and I was granted my discharge a year ago but yet I have a trustee that still asking for documents what are my rights
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Please note that just because your discharge was entered, that does not mean that the trustee has closed is filed. And that does not happen until he files what is known as a no asset report. And even when he does, the trustee still maintains jurisdiction over your case for an additional two years. So the trustee is within his rights to request documents at this time if he has a belief that there may be assets that could become property of the bankruptcy estate.

Thanks for understanding.