Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I was just reading some final rulings by judges and noticed

Customer Question

I was just reading some final rulings by judges and noticed that motions are being denied because they failed to serve teh creditor in strict compliance with Fed. R. Bankr. P. 7004 as required by FRBP 9014(b). I filed a motion to avoid a judicial lien and it is in the hands of an attorney . I mailed it to that attorney for the name of creditor (actually debt collector), but did not name the creditor for the debt collector/attorney that got the abstract judicial lien. Also, I mailed it certified return reciept. I haven't checked yet to see if it was also first-class mail. it looks like it can be denied if it's not first class mail. should I re-notice/send it first class mail? the hearing date is in 20 days, so now it wouldn't be enough notice whereas before they had 45 days notice. but i'd hate for it to be denied. I also noticed creditors that are FDIC insured by certified return receipt and didn't mail it to an officer (how would I find out which officer to name anyway?), however is it ok that I just mailed it to the Creditor/Lender...the amended schedules/statements, or will that be as if I never noticed them since it wasn't first class or to an officer? thanks so much
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 4 years ago.
Hi Customer,
Did you receive a response from customer service regarding your 30+ Accept reversals?