Mark, Attorney
Experience:  14 years, real estate, tax, bankruptcy, debt resolution, and criminal law

My bank will not give me a time extension to get them the payment

My bank will not give me a time extension to get them the payment that will stop the foreclosure auction. A bankruptcy attorney told me to go to the court and file a bankruptcy form by 9:00 am Monday. I will have enough money to make a single payment in one week and I will have all the money needed to completely cure the default by 8/31. What is the exact form I need to have to file this in the northern district of California. I went to the web site but couldn't figure out which form to use. I've been told I can do the credit counselling after the emergency filing.
You would need to file a bankruptcy petition. I would call the clerk of your bankruptcy court for the forms. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply.