How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Mississippi.. but due to an accident we are thousands

This answer was rated:

I live in Mississippi.. but due to an accident we are thousands of dollar in debt. Then my wife ended up in hospital and now we are being sued by the hospital even though we haev insurance who paid most of the charges.
I am on Social Security but earn some from photography... Will I lose my camera if we file for bankruptcy?
I truly love photography.


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on


How much is the camera worth?


  • Federal tax refund to $5,000
    Miss. Code Ann. § 85-3-1 (j)

  • Mobile home to $30,000
    Miss. Code Ann. § 85-3-1 (e)

  • Personal injury judgments to $10,000
    Miss. Code Ann. § 85-3-17

  • Sale or insurance proceeds for exempt property
    Miss. Code Ann. § 85-3-1 (b)(i)

  • State health savings accounts
    Miss. Code Ann. § 85-3-1 (g)

  • State Tax Refund to $5,000
    Miss. Code Ann. § 85-3-1 (k)

  • Tangible personal property to $10,000: any items worth less than $200 each; furniture, dishes, kitchenware, household goods, appliances, 1 radio & 1 TV, 1 firearm, 1 lawnmower, clothing, wedding rings, motor vehicles, tools of the trade, books, crops, health aids, domestic animals (does not include works of art, antiques, jewelry, or electronic entertainment equipment)
    Miss. Code Ann. § 85-3-1 (a)


Under MISS law, you can keep up to $10,000 worth of personal property, so if your camera is worth less then $10,000 YOU WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM AND CAN KEEP IT.

WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you